Well, this is a new experiment. I am using full volume trees instead of billboards. I spent all day yesterday placing trees across the terrain. Unfortunately, I noticed after the render started that I left out the hedges, and I am not going back to do them at this point. I am kind of burned out on this model for a while.
It will be interesting to see how long this model takes to render with all these vertices for the trees. It could be a few days. Right now it’s averaging about 10 frames an hour, with a target of 1,500 frames. That will get longer the more trees that end up in the scene, I think.